Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Welcome

Marketing For the Common Man


I’m not going to lie, I was thinking about actually killing off this site!


Over the past few years I have learned and tried many different marketing methods and the one that worked the best also happened to be the one that bored me to tears: Writing content.  It bored me because people tend to talk about the same things over and over in the marketing space, especially in SEO, and once you write about that kind of stuff for a year straight you tend to go crosseyed.


This coupled with the fact that I write content for my marketing agency, as well as several other sources on the net, I just didn’t know if I wanted to bring ClintButler.net back to life.  After all what will I write about that I am not doing on any other platforms?


After much debate, internal conflicts, cigars, and some rum I decided what the heck lets keep the old girl going.


So here we are with the launch of a new look on the outside.


Some new cool internal tools on the inside to create a better user experience.


And plenty of testing opportunities considering this particular site has been the victim of a negative SEO attack (gotta love the fan club).


Here are the marketing goals I have set


  1. Increase traffic volume by 10% on a monthly basis.  This one shouldn’t be all that hard considering how little traffic I have now lol

  2. Use the negative SEO attack to create some case studies on link cleanup.

  3. Use the negative SEO attack to test the value of Google’s Disavow tool.  (I already know in my own mind how good it is or isn’t, so I thought I would add some scientific testing to confirm or deny)

  4. Publish four new pieces of content a month, in any form, but most likely in video because typing sucks.

  5. Use the site as a journal of sorts to track online earnings.  This one is going to be tricky because I am going to be using just this site for that study, so monetization is going to be interesting.

Marketing Topics I Enjoy Covering


There are a few specific marketing topics that I like to write about, and these will be the primary focus of this site.


  • SEO

  • Video Marketing

  • Pay Per Click (Mostly AdWords Stuff)

  • Product Reviews

I have some others already built into the silo, but those really are the ones I like learning about the most, thus writing about as well.


Hopefully this random ball of information has you at least a little bit intrigued enough to come back and check us out.


As time goes on, I’ll be adding a couple subscriber functions so I can send you random emails at all hours of the day and night for you to delete, which is always fun.


If you have any site suggestions, test suggestions, or just want to spam my contact form for no reason, there is a link up top!



Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment